66 studio bed student accommodation
The scheme has been designed and built with a combination of external brickwork, feature cladding, rain screen and anthracite windows. Each room boasts an NSP locking system (key fob entry) and a booster heating system. Julian Court also has available to its resident a communal garden and on-site laundry facility.
A key design change of the building was the introduction of a WIFI network. The original design proposal was for each room to have the TV cables and data points hardwired back to the comms room. China Telecom was introduced to carry out the WIFI network installations works.
Road closures which were implemented throughout the build were removed in time to accommodate the annual Coventry Moto Fest.
Torsion Engineering undertook the full supply, design, and installation of all mechanical and electrical services within this newly built high specification 66 mini apartment self-contained student residential accommodation in the heart of Coventry. The building is spread across 5 floors including the ground floor, supplemented by a Ground Floor Laundry and Reception office.
- BCWS, HWSF and HWSR distribution pipework.
- Local Ventilation system to all apartments
- Mechanical Smoke Extract system
- Natural Gas distribution pipework system and associated safety devices
- Natural Gas-fired CHP plant.
- Natural Gas-fired Water Heaters
- Inverter Driven Primary and Secondary Booster Set
- Remote Alarm Monitoring
- Daikin Split Comms Room System
- New Sanitaryware installed to serve the Accessible Toilets and Cleaners Sinks
- LV Distribution
- Fire Alarm
- Access Control
- Small Power
- Emergency Lighting
- Lightning Protection