220-bed student accommodation
Bailey Street is a new 8-storey project built for Erec Estates in Sheffield.
Bailey Street is located on the West Street of the North of the city centre, where is one of the most popular areas among students in Sheffield. Only within 8 minutes’ walk, students can get to the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University.
51 Week Construction period
The team have successfully managed the project safely and delivered a high-quality building within an astonishing 51 week period!
Achieving practical completion on 13 September 2019, of the 220-bed development on such a tight site within 12 months has taken a lot of planning, effort and determination by all involved to ensure the successful opening.
An unbelievable achievement delivered by a dedicated team working together. This was Torsion Group’s first offsite manufactured Light Gauge Steel Frame form of construction.
Torsion Engineering undertook the full design and installation of all mechanical services within this newly built high specification residential student accommodation fit-out in the heart of Sheffield. The building included a new state of the art Gym facility, Laundry, Communal Hub Space and Manned Reception Area. The works included the design, supply and installation of the following mechanical services.
- BCWS, HWSF and HWSR distribution pipework.
- Local Ventilation system to all apartments
- Mechanical Smoke Extract system
- Natural Gas distribution pipework system and associated safety devices
- Natural Gas-fired CHP plant.
- Natural Gas-fired Water Heaters
- Inverter Driven Primary and Secondary Booster Set
- Remote Alarm Monitoring
- Mitsubishi Heat Pump Air Conditioning Systems
- Heat Recovery Ventilation
- New Sanitaryware installed to serve the Accessible Toilets and Cleaners Sinks
- Sprinkler System